In addition to observed holidays, it is the policy of the Library to close all locations for some days which are not scheduled holidays for staff. The Library may recognize the following days:
• Easter Sunday
• Sunday prior to Memorial Day and Sunday prior to Labor Day
• Sunday prior to Fourth of July when it falls on a Monday
• December 26, January 2 and July 5, when they fall on a Monday
• Sundays adjacent to Christmas and New Year’s Day, as determined by the Director
• Close at 5 pm on Thanksgiving Eve and New Year’s Eve. The Library may also be closed for Staff In-Service Day in order that all staff may participate. The date is set by Library Administration.
All library locations will be closed on September 23, 2022 for Staff Development Day.
Notice of the closure of individual locations due to unsafe conditions or maintenance issues will be posted on the Library’s website and social media pages. Approved by the Library Board of Trustees, August 21, 2018.
|2022 Holidays||Closed Dates|
|Easter||Sunday, April 17|
|Memorial Day||Sunday, May 29 & Monday, May 30|
|Fourth of July||Sunday, July 3 & Monday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Sunday, September 4 & Monday, September 5|
|Thanksgiving||Closed at 5 PM on Wednesday, November 23 & Closed on Thursday, November 24|
|Christmas||Saturday, December 24; Sunday, December 25; & Monday, December 26|
|New Year’s (2023)||Sunday, January 1 & Monday, January 2|