MRCPL has mobile Wifi Hotspots available for checkout at every location.
Hotspots will provide Internet access to smartphones, tablets, and devices through the T-Mobile cellular network. Service will be dependent on the availability of the T-Mobile network where the Hotspot is being used.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Customers must be 18 years of age or older to checkout a Mobile Hotspot.
- A valid MRCPL account AND a current driver’s license, state ID, passport or military photo ID must be presented at the time of checkout.
- Customer must be in good standing with the library, with a current address on file and no fines above $10.
- Mobile Hotspots may be checked out for one week (7 days). Holds may be placed, and renewals are allowed if there are no holds on the item.
- Mobile Hotspots must be returned in person to any location, not placed in a library book drop.
- Mobile Hotspots will be deactivated when overdue.
- The Mobile HotSpot can provide WiFi Internet access for up to 10 devices.
Fines & Liability
- The overdue fine is $1.25 per day until returned.
- Customers may be charged repair/replacement fees for devices returned to the library book drops.
- The Mobile Hotspot should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; do not leave it in a car.
- The customer is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the Mobile Hotspot and/or cords, plugs, cases, etc.
NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS:
Internet content filtering is NOT provided through the MRCPL Wireless Hotspot.
Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the Hotspot.