BP Cuff/Monitor Kits
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, raises your risks for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and kidney disease.
Now at your library, thanks to Richland Public Health and the Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, customers can check out electronic blood pressure monitoring kits.
- Customers must be 18 years of age or older to checkout a BP Cuff/Monitor Kit.
- A valid MRCPL account AND a current driver’s license, state ID, passport or military photo ID must be presented at the time of checkout.
- Customer must be in good standing with the library, with a current address on file and no fines above $10.
- BP Cuff Kits may be checked out for two weeks (14 days).
- Holds may be placed, and renewals are allowed if there are no holds on the item.
- BP Cuff Kits must be returned in person to any location, not placed in a library book drop.
- The overdue fine is 50¢ per day until returned.
- Customers may be charged repair/replacement fees for devices not returned in person to a library location.
- The BP Cuff Kit should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; do not leave it in your car.
- Customer is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the BP Cuff Kit and/or cords, plugs, cases, etc.
Go to Richland Public Health (RPH) for more information.
Check out this video from the American Heart Association about how to monitor your blood pressure at home.