Air Quality Monitors
M/RCPL and the Moms Clean Air Force of Ohio are working together to provide SPECK Air Quality Monitors to Library customers. These monitors were provided through a national grant and distributed to libraries around the county by chapters of the Moms Clean Air Force group. The SPECK Monitors test for particles and allergens in the air in your home. The information from this testing can help customers determine if action needs to be taken to improve the air in their home.
What is an air quality monitor?
This monitor is a personal pollution detector for use in your home, office, or any other indoor space.
Why use it?
We spend about 90% of our time indoors. There are many sources of pollution indoors and there’s a lot of things we can do even as simple as opening or closing windows, using air purifiers, or cleaning air filters, etc.
Who can use it?
Everyone! We are all exposed to invisible fine particles that can be harmful to our health. Now you can know where and when to act!
Rules for Use/Lending Guidelines:
- Air Quality Monitors can only be checked out by a customer 18 years of age or older.
- Limit of one (1) monitor per card.
- Loan period - 14 days.
- Air Quality Monitors can be renewed, if not on hold for another customer.
- Air Quality Monitors can be placed on hold.
Fines and Liability:
- Overdue fine is 50¢ per day until returned.
- Replacement fees (if lost or damaged): Device - $125; Cord - $2; Plug - $3; Carrying Case - $5.99; Total Replacement Cost - $135.99 Lost/damaged items cannot be replaced by customer.
Air Quality Monitors must be checked out by an adult cardholder and the customer must show photo ID (Driver’s License State ID, military photo ID). Library account and photo ID must match.
Air Quality Monitors should NOT be returned to the drop box. Any damage caused due to a drop box return may be charged to the customer’s account.
Air Quality Monitors should be kept in a temperature controlled environment. DO NOT leave the device in a car. Damage caused by extreme temperatures will result in a replacement charge on the customer’s account.