Special Needs Services
- Talking Books Program, which "provides free recorded books, magazines and playback equipment to...eligible blind, visually impaired, physically handicapped, and reading disabled (Richland County) residents."
- Large Print Fiction and Nonfiction Books
- Audio Books on CD, and MP3.
- Descriptive and Closed-Captioned Movies
- Golden Buckeye Card
- Our Ontario Branch features a MagniSight Explorer, a Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) which magnifies materials for vision-impaired customers.
- Sign Language interpreters for programming available upon request.
- Accessible Handicapped Parking
- Accessible Entrances and Restrooms
For further questions regarding services to the disabled community, contact the Main Library.
Internet Resources for Hearing-Impaired Customers
Internet Resources for Visually-Impaired Customers
Internet Search Engines for the Blind or Physically Handicapped
Assistive/Adaptive Technology Resources
- Independent Living Center of North Central Ohio. Telephone: (419) 526-6770.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation. Telephone: (419) 747-3000.
- Catalyst Life Services. Crisis Help Line: 419.522.HELP (4357).
- North Central Ohio Special Education Regional Resource Center. Telephone:(419) 747-4808. Toll Free: (800) 424-7372 (Ohio Only.)
- Dial-A-Ride. Telephone: (419) 522-4504.