Library cards are available free of charge to Ohio residents at all library locations.
You may sign up for a full-service library card at all library locations, or download an application, fill in and print it out, then bring it to any library location.
You may sign up for an eCard here. The eCard gives you access to all of MRCPL's digital resources.
For a Full-Service Card, you will need:
● If a State Drivers License or State ID with a current address is shown then no other form of identification is needed. An expired ID or DL is ok as long as the address and name are current and correct.
● If State DL or ID has an incorrect address the customer may use that as one form of identification but must show a second form as well (30 days or newer).
● The customer’s name is out of date on the DL or ID they would need a second form of ID with their updated naIf me and address.
● If no State DL or ID is available, the customer must show 2 forms of identification dated within the last 30 days.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian must sign for a child’s library card.
- For the first two weeks, checkouts will be limited to five (5) items at a time. Two of those items may be audio-visual materials (CDs, DVDs, videotapes, etc.)
- If you do not have ID with a current address, the Library will send a postcard to you. You may bring that postcard back in with you to apply for your card.
Report lost or stolen cards to the Library immediately; you are responsible for their use or misuse. This includes overdue fines, fees for lost or damaged materials, and misuse of internet privileges.
PIN (Personal Identification Number)
You must have a PIN in order to use library computers, view your library card information, place holds or renew items online. If you do not have a PIN, you may get one in person or by calling any of our locations. You will need your library card to get a PIN by any method.
E-Mail & Text Message Notification
You can now receive notification of holds/reserves and overdue items via e-mail and/or text message. Supply your phone number and/or your email to library staff and we will record your information into your library account record so we can notify you according to your preference.
*Please note - standard text messaging rates will apply, according to your cell phone plan.
Please make sure that your email address/phone number is current in your account information.
Friendly Date Due Reminders are sent out via email three days before your items are due.
- Library cards that are not used for five years will be deleted. Customers would have to reapply for a new library card.
- Applications are available at the Circulation Desk of the Main Library and at every Branch Library location.
- Lost cards cost $1 to replace. Report lost or stolen cards to the Library immediately; you are responsible for its use or misuse. This includes overdue fines, fees for lost or damaged materials, and misuse of Internet privileges.
Materials that do not accrue late fines:
Air Quality Monitors
Blood Pressure Cuffs
SearchOhio materials do not accrue late fines but a $25 fee will be charged for lost or damaged items
Late fines are charged for the following materials:
WiFi Hotspots, Roku Streaming Sticks, Telescopes, Tools, and Bicycles
$1.25 per day, per item
Books and audio materials may be renewed in person at any Library location, through our online catalog, or by phone. Call the automated Telephone Renewal Line at 419.521.3117, or call any library location. Renewals are limited to three times per item. You will need your Library card to renew by any method; online renewal requires a PIN. Three Day DVDs and Blu-ray discs may not be renewed, but 7-day DVDs and Blu-ray discs may be. Call 419-521-3142, or any branch location for more information.
All M/RCPL Library materials may be returned to any location in the system, regardless of where they were borrowed. Drop boxes are available at all locations. Failure to return materials, pay for lost or damaged materials, or failure to settle fines will result in the loss of borrowing privileges.
43 West Third Street
Mansfield, OH 44902
Mon. - Thu.: 10 AM - 6 PM
Fri: 10 AM - 5 PM
Sat: 10 AM - 2 PM