Summer Library Program 2018
Get ready for Summer Library Program 2018!
June 4 - July 28
All Library Locations
Our mission is for your child to have FUN with your library this summer! The reading goals and activities are suggestions - you are more than welcome to modify them to best complement your child's interests and reading abilities.
How It Works:
Early Literacy (Babies - preschool age)
1. Sign up anytime between June 4 and July 28. Get your weekly Activity Log and have fun filling it out!
2. Return a completed Activity Log, get a prize, and stamp your Reading Log.
3. When you have turned in 5 completed Activity Logs, you can pick a free book. Each additional Activity Log you complete (up to 8) will get you one extra entry for the Grand Prize drawing!
K - 6 Grade
1. Sign up anytime between June 4 and July 28. Get your weekly BINGO sheet and have fun filling it out!
2. Return a completed BINGO sheet, get a prize, and stamp your Reading Log.
3. When you have turned in 5 completed BINGO sheets, you can pick a free book. Each additional sheet you complete (up to 8) will get you one extra entry for the Grand Prize drawing!
Grand Prize drawings will be held at each location the week of July 30.
Need a BINGO or Activity sheet? Click the links below to download and print at home:
As always, we will have featured performers, fun programs, and much more!
Our featured performers include:
- Story Stew with The Caravan
- The Comedy & Juggling of Matt Jergens
- The Bremen Town Musicians with Lindsay Bonilla
- Meet some birds of prey from the Ohio Bird Sanctuary
- Grammy Nominee Zak Morgan in Welcome to Zakland!
- Dave Lehman Comedy Magician
Children’s library programs include:
(All programs are all ages)
- Fam Jam
Fam Jam is an interactive program designed to introduce the joys of making music. Participants will be introduced to a variety of musical instruments from around the world with a focus on hand percussion. Each instrument will be introduced with a brief history and demonstration.
- Family Dance Party
Want to show off your dance moves? Come join us as we groove to some of your favorite songs! We will dance, sing, make a craft, and have an awesome time.
Come to the library to play some games with your friends!
- Music in Nature
When we think of music, we often focus on instruments, singing, and dancing, but the natural world lends itself to interesting sounds we can explore, too! We'll celebrate the noises of animals, rainfall, and other parts of nature.
- Musical Instrument Lab
Get excited about music at the library and join us for a lively program where kids can create a variety of musical instruments.
- Musical Mondays & Tuesdays
Join us each Monday or Tuesday for a relaxed, musical story time. We'll read a book, then finish off with playing instruments!
- Recycled Rock Star
Do you have what it takes to shine? You'll just need to look the part! Come get your "art" on here as we create one-of-a-kind rock star ensembles using recyclables and strut your stuff on the runway.
- Rocks Rock!
Rocks come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. Come learn about how cool rocks are and then paint your very own rock creation! You will discover why rocks Rock!
- Science of Sound
Pop! Crackle! Fizz! Do you think you can "see" sound? Come find out as we explore the world of sound through hands-on experiments and activities.
Other activities include:
- Dress Like a Rock Star Contest
- Story Times
- Minecraft @ the Library
- Mad Science
- Scavenger Hunts
- Crafts & Activities
Each location has a different program schedule so stop by your favorite library to pick one up or check out the master schedule below:
And be sure to celebrate a great Summer Library Program with us! Free fun, games, activities, food, and Carrousel rides!
- Mansfield Children's Festival
Saturday, July 28
10 AM - 2 PM
Richland Carrousel Park
75 N Main St, Mansfield
We hope to see you this summer at the library!
MRCPL acknowledges the generous support of The Friends of the Library, Directions Credit Union, The Steven Goldman Foundation & Richland Bank for their assistance in making this program possible.