This month’s story time starter is all about frogs! We’ll give you book and rhyme suggestions and include links to activities and crafts.
- Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Pricilla Burris
- The Wide-Mouthed Frog by Keith Faulkner
- Jump, Frog, Jump! by Robert Kalan
- One Frog Sang by Shirley Parenteau
Songs & Rhymes
The Frog Lives in a Pond
(to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell)
The frog lives in a pond.
It’s tongue is very long,
It reaches high to catch a fly
Yum, Yum, Yum
(to the tune of I’m a Little Teapot)
See the little froggy
Swimming in the pool
The water’s great
It’s nice and cool
When he gets all cleaned up
Out he’ll hop
From bottom to top!
Mary had a Little Frog
(to the tune of Mary had a Little Lamb)
Mary had a little frog, little frog, little frog;
Mary had a little frog,
It’s skin was green as grass.
And everywhere that Mary went
Mary went, Mary went;
Everywhere that Mary went,
the frog would jump and splash!!!
- Five Green and Speckled Frogs – print and cut out online clip art frogs and attach them to craft sticks to use while singing the song
- Circle Fractions Frog Craft (DLTK Kids) – print the pages (either in color or in black and white) and cut out the shapes; assemble them to look like a frog (color the frog if you printed in black and white)
- Frog Coloring Page (Super Coloring) – print and color the frog or color it online