Not-So-Scary Books to Read
If you are looking for some not-so-scary books that are just right for the season, look no further than this! The library has some fun and spooky books that are not TOO scary for young readers.
From Aaron Reynolds’ Creepy Carrots and Creepy Pair of Underwear to Mary McScary by R. L. Stine and There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Bat by Lucille Colandro, these books offer just the right amount of spooky and scary.
Here’s the whole list of books:
- Big Scary Monster by Thomas Docherty
- Boo Who? by Ben Clanton
- Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
- Creepy Pair of Underwear by Aaron Reynolds
- Eat Pete by Michael Rex
- The Fun Book of Scary Stuff by Emily Jenkins
- I Want To Be in a Scary Story by Sean Taylor
- It’s Raining Bats and Frogs by Rebecca Colby
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
- Mary McScary by R. L. Stine
- The Spooky Box by Mark Gonyea
- The Teeny Tiny Ghost by Kay Winters
- Tell Me a Scary Story–But Not Too Scary! by Carl Reiner
- The Vanishing Pumpkin by Tony Johnston
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat by Lucille Colandro
- Vampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie Pace
- We’re Going on a Ghost Hunt by Susan Pearson
We hope you enjoy reading some of these stories this month! For more great book suggestions, contact your local library branch.