Homeschool families are welcome to come to the library any time, but especially on Mondays at the Main Library (September 20, October 18, and November 15) from 1-3 PM for a drop-in STEAM program.
STEAM Education, or science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics, helps children in many ways:
- Exposes students to the creative process.
- Offers meaningful collaboration.
- Increases critical thinking.
- Provides a unique way to problem-solve.
- Gives all students hands-on learning experiences.
- Encourages girls to explore STEM fields.
- Shows them a different way to value the arts.
Each month will focus on a different STEAM subject and will include lots of hands-on fun and learning. We hope to see lots of curious faces and eager participants!