Since MRCPL switched catalog servers, Gmail may no longer recognize notices sent from the Library.
If you have recently had a disruption in receiving notices from the Library- these notices may be hiding in your Spam folder. Notifications about holds, due dates, overdue items, and auto-renewals are likely going to Spam in Gmail accounts. (Possibly other email account providers too - we've just been made aware of the issues with Gmail.)
To fix this, you can do the following:
« Back to Blog
- Go to the Spam folder in your Gmail account.
- Right-click on the sender's name (it probably says "Main Library")
- Find "Not Spam" on the list, and click - the email will be moved to your Inbox.
- Open an email from the library that you found in your Spam folder.
- In the top left corner of the opened message, click on "Not Spam".
To make sure all future emails from the Library do not go to Spam:
- Mouse over the Library name in an email in your Spam folder.
- View the full contact email info.
- Below the contact info find "Add to Contacts".
- Click on "Add to Contacts".
If you have any difficulties or questions, don't hesitate to contact anyone at your local library.