Give to your Library by donating gently used items.
MRCPL gladly accepts donations of gently used materials. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about giving used items to the Library. If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact us.
What Does the Library Accept?
- Clean, readable books (Fiction and Nonfiction)
- Children’s books
- CD, Blu-Ray & DVD discs in in cases
- Magazines (dated within the past year)
- Video games in playable condition and in cases
- Encyclopedia sets (published within the last 5 years)
As much as we appreciate your donations, there are a few things that we cannot accept:
- Moldy books
- Damaged books: missing pages, torn covers, etc.
- Text books or computer books (older than 5 years)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Encyclopedia sets (published more than 5 years ago)
- VHS Tapes
Where Can I Bring My Donation?
Donations can be dropped off at any of our nine locations during regular hours of operation. If you have a donation of more than one box, we request that you deliver your donation to our main location in Mansfield.
Due to the space limitations at the branches, if you have more than one box of items to donate, we request that you bring your donation to the Main Library.
What Is Done with My Donation?
Donations will be considered for addition to the collection if they meet the same standards required of purchased materials and if a need for that item exists. Materials not meeting those standards or needed for our collection will be donated to the Friends of the Library to be sold in their book sales or store. Some items may be responsibly disposed of if they do not meet the guidelines for donated materials.
If you have any further questions, please call Molly Ernst, Collection Resources Administrator at 419-521-3133.