The year is almost over, Bits and Bramblers! But before we welcome 2010, we have one last “Best of” list…today, it’s the BEST STAND ALONE TEEN BOOKS OF THE DECADE! (Try saying that five times fast!) So…how’d you do? It doesn’t really matter if you can say it or not…the important part is the books! Check ‘em out!
- Looking for Alaska, by John Green
- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Monster, by Walter Dean Myers
- Lock and Key, by Sarah Dessen
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
- Holes, by Louis Sachar
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
- Little Brother, by Cory Doctrow
- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, by Gabrielle Zevin
- A Step from Heaven, by An Na
- Evernight, by Claudia Gray
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes, by Maureen Johnson
- An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green
- This Lullaby, by Sarah Dessen
- The Summoning, by Kelley Armstrong
- Graceling, by Kristin Cashore
- Hip Hop High School, by Alan Lawrence Sitomer
- Parrotfish, by Ellen Wittlinger
…What do you think, Bits and Bramblers? Did we leave out anything? Let us know in the comments!
And as for us…this is our last blog post of the year! So have a VERY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, BITS AND BRAMBLERS! See you in 2010!