Okay, Bits and Bramblers…we are definitely in the season. Have you done your shopping? Decked your halls? Baked your gingerbread? ‘Cause like I said, it’s definitely the season. And it’s the SEASON OF GIVING!
Because while you’ve giving gifts to all your friends and family, it’s always good to give a little to those in need, right? And it’s easier than you think. You can…
- Go to FreeRice. All you have to do is answer some easy trivia questions on English vocabulary, math, geography, and lots of other subjects. For every correct answer, ten grains of rice will be donated to the people that need it the most. And you get smarter. That’s what we call a win-win
- Check out FreeKibble (because animals need our help, too!) This site is a lot like FreeRice, with one minor difference–it doesn’t matter if you’re right or wrong. All you have to do is answer a trivia question, and ten pieces of Kibble will be donated to animal shelters to help feed hungry dogs. After all, nobody deserves to be hungry over the holidays, not even our furry friends.
- Head over to the Bread Art Project They give you a piece of virtual bread, and you decorate–or toast it–any way you like. Submit your bread art, and if it’s approved, the Grain Foods Foundation will donate a dollar to Share Our Strength, an awesome organization dedicated to ending Childhood Hunger. And what’s not to love about turning bread into art?!
- Shift your gift! It’s pretty much exactly like it sounds. Try Shift My Gift! After you get your parents’ permission, you can create a profile, picking different nonprofit organizations that are important to you. Then your friends and family can make donations…and shift your gift!
- Give back to the Mansfield community. Get your parent’s permission, and make a donation to the Richland County United Way. Every year, the United Way has a holiday fundraiser to help throughout the year. So far, they’ve raised about 57% of their goal…and you still have time to help them reach it, and make a difference here in Richland County!
…See? Told you it was easy. And nothing makes you feel quite so good as helping another person, right? But no matter who you help, or what you do…have a safe and happy holiday season, Bits and Bramblers!