Sticks, beads, twine
Feathers, small pinecones, acorn tops, pine needles,
grasses, feathers, etc.
- Fray the sides of burlap by pulling long vertical threads from edges. Keep the threads.
- Fold top of burlap over stick. Baste-stitch with a thread of burlap.
- Randomly pull out burlap threads horizontally.
- Weave nature elements in and out of vertical threads where you have pulled the threads out.
- Tie beads, and nature elements to bottom edge.
- Tie a piece of twine to the ends of the stick for a hanger.
You can usually find a burlap bag to cut apart at a coffee shop for about a dollar. All the rest of the items are free for the gathering. Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather while gathering your supplies for this beautiful craft.