What do you say when you would like a cookie? Is sharing a good thing? What should you say when you see someone you know? Did you know we have lots of books for little ones that answer these questions and more? So many, in fact, that we decided to share some of our favorite books about manners!
Whether you are looking for a story of what to do and what not to do such as Dinosaurs Don’t, Dinosaurs Do or why “please” is an important word as described in Time To Say “Please”!, we have plenty of books to make your story time complete!
Please & Thank You Book List (Word Document/.doc)
Of course, adding some music to your story time makes it much more fun! Check out a few of these manners songs:
- Barney’s Favorites Volume 2 (Track #9: Please & Thank You)
- Can a Jumbo Jet Sing the Alphabet? by Hap Palmer (Track #9 & #20: Please & Thank You Parts I & II)
- Cousins Jamboree by Hope Harris (Track #10: Good Manners)
- Juice Box Heroes by Imagination Movers (Track #6:Please and Thank You)
- Open for Business by Sandi Patti & the Friendship Co. (Track #7: Manners Matter)
Reciting a few rhymes not only helps reinforce good manners, it also helps children develop their language skills. Here are some awesome rhymes to try:
Be kind to one another,
Use magic words like these-
“Thank you” and “You’re welcome.”
And when you ask, say, “Please.”
Good Manners Poem (tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
We say, “Thank you.” We say, “Please.”
We don’t interrupt or tease.
We don’t argue. We don’t fuss.
We listen when folks talk to us.
We share our toys and take our turn.
Good manners aren’t too hard to learn.
It’s really easy, when you find.
Good manners means
JUST BEING KIND!
There are three little magic words
That will open any door with ease.
Two little words are “Thank you!”
And the other little word is “Please!”
Finally, make your story time complete by creating one of these cool crafts!
- My Manners Counting Book & Coloring Pages (PDF)
- Cover Your Nose When You Sneeze Craft (page 2)
- Polite Puppets (page 3)
- Good Manners Mouse Coloring Pages (Word Doc)
We hope you enjoy your manners-themed story time!