Even though the weather has been very rainy, summer is in full swing! Here at the library, we are over halfway through our Summer Library Program. Kids are finishing their reading and earning free books! We are so excited that over 4400 kids have joined this year’s Library Program! There are still two and a half weeks left, so keep reading!
Hopefully everyone was able to enjoy some Fourth of July activities last week. Even though Independence Day is over, there are still plenty of things to do! Aside from all the cool things we have going on here at the library, check out these activities that are happening this summer around town:
- Main Street Books is hosting a Downtown Mansfield Scavenger Hunt through the end of July.
- The 2013 Richland Summer Passport Program, presented by the Richland County Community Development Group (RCDG) and the Mansfield/Richland County Convention & Visitors Bureau, runs through the end of August.
- The 2013 Lexington Blueberry Festival will be August 15 – 18 and will feature rides, games, a parade, and much more!
- August 4 – 10 is the Richland County Fair.
- For more activities and events happening in Mansfield and surrounding areas, check our Community Calendar.
If you are looking for fun things to do at home on your own, we have plenty of books with tons of ideas for summer fun! For seasonal crafts, check out Summer Crafts:20 Projects and Activities for Camp, the Car, and Beyond! The book Summer Fun! 60 Activities for a Kid-Perfect Summer has all kinds of ideas for summertime cooking, crafts, games, and activities. The Summer Bucket List for Kids contains great activities like how to make paper flowers and a button hummer, and how to play spoons. And for some camp songs and rhymes, try Mosquitoes Are Ruining My Summer! And Other Silly Dilly Camp Songs.
For even more summer activity ideas, check out this post from our archives! Have a great July!