September is a great month because we get to celebrate library cards! We’d love for you to come to the library this month and get yourself a library card, or get cards for your children so they can start using the library, too. It’s so easy! You need two forms of identification, one with your current address. You can get a card and can check out up to 5 items right away. Here’s more information about the process of getting a card.
Not sure you really need a card? Here are some good reasons why you do:
- With your library card, you can download e-books and e-audiobooks to a device (iPhone, Kindle, Nook, e-reader, etc.) to take with you anywhere.
- You can check out that new book everyone is talking about, instead of buying it.
- If you drive a lot for work, you can check out audiobooks for the car–the drive will fly by.
- The library gives you access to a whole world of reference materials and online databases not available anywhere else.
- You can catch up on a whole season of your favorite TV show on DVD.
- A library card allows for up to three hours of internet access per day.
- We offer resource sharing, a free service that provides access to materials not owned by this library system.
We think you’ll love what the library has to offer, and your key to endless possibilities lies with a library card. We’ll see you in September!