2011 in a Nutshell
The year has come and gone, but all your favorite Family Zone posts are cataloged for you to go back and enjoy time and time again. Here’s a quick recap of our posts over the last eleven months of the year.
- We began the year by highlighting books, activities, and other things to do with your superhero-obsessed children.
- Next, we covered spring holidays like Chinese New Year, St. Patrick’s Day, and April Fools’ Day.
- After exploring Ohio history for kids, we promoted our SLP (Summer Library Program), and we finished the summer noting some backyard outdoor games that are perfect for families.
- Finally, getting ready for kindergarten, exploring poetry, discussing ebooks, and building your own home library rounded out the year.
This year, we’ve also added new posts including videos and booklists featuring our new books, recommendations and lists in several categories and genres, staff book reviews, author birthdays, and many other ways you and your family can develop a love of reading … books!
Take a look around the blog and see what we have to offer, not only in the library, but online as well. We think you’ll like what you see. You can even go further back in the archives and view our posts from the very beginning or choose links from the tag cloud according to your interest.
So this question goes out to all of you who read the blog: What kinds of things do you want to see featured in 2012? Drop us a comment and let us know what things interest you and your family, how we can improve, and how we can be more helpful in providing you the information you want!
Other Links to Explore—See All of Our 2011 Featured Articles
- Superheroes Unite! (Jan.)
- Chinese New Year (Feb.)
- The Luck o’ the Irish (Mar.)
- Jokes & Hoaxes (Apr.)
- Ohio History for Kids (May)
- Summer Reading in Style (Jun.)
- Outside is All Right! (Jul.)
- Get Ready, Get Set, Kindergarten! (Aug.)
- The Wonderful World of Poetry (Sep.)
- eBooks, Hooray! (Oct.)
- Build Your Own Library (Nov.)