Technology is great when you can understand how to use it and how it can work for you. While audiobooks are certainly nothing new, the popularity of eBooks and eReaders is growing rapidly, thanks to innovations in technology. Your library still has traditional audiobooks, but we are also excited to introduce eAudiobooks and eBooks to our customers, old and young alike.
There are many books available to download from our website which lets you select which eBook you want, download it to your computer, eReader, or other device, and read it just like you would a regular book. These eBooks are meant to be read on a digital reader, and you can enjoy them on your Nook, iPad, or Kindle.
- Series books include the Boxcar Children, Ivy and Bean, and the Berenstain Bears.
- Classics include Winnie the Pooh, Pippi Longstocking, and the Wind in the Willows.
- Picture books include Curious George, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Franklin.
- There are even Barbie books available to download!
If you’d like to try out eBooks for yourself, a great website is Jumpstart’s Read for the Record. There, you can access many quality children’s picture books to share with your children on the computer. You can also choose to donate a book to others who don’t have access to books.
Once you’ve gotten familiar with eBooks, you’re ready to help set a new world record by reading Llama, Llama, Red Pajama, by Anna Dewdney on Thursday, October 6th. The goal is for millions of people to read the book online all on the same day. Isn’t technology great?!
Other Links to Explore
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, and MRCPL
- eBooks and eReaders: Simple Solutions for Tough Problems
- The Ohio eBook Project
Below are a few of the books that Jumpstart has available to read online and that we also have in print @ the library!