Let Them Eat Cake
October is known as a month of costumes, candy, and cooling temperatures. It’s also for football, falling leaves, and family activities. But did you know that October is also celebrated as National Bake and Decorate Month?
This month, why not bake, decorate, and eat your way through October? If you have the desire to celebrate National Bake and Decorate Month, then go ahead and make some cake—and eat it too!
Here are a few things you could do to get started:
- Learn new techniques that professionals use to make spectacularly mouthwatering cakes.
- Bake and share your homemade confections at work.
- Take some goodies to the local homeless shelter or fire station.
- Drop off a plateful of cupcakes anonymously to a neighbor.
- Invite friends over for a cookie decorating party.
The possibilities are limitless; just have fun. So go explore your inner baking diva this month for creative home baked delights that will be sure to inspire and fill those you love!
Other Links to Explore
- Easy Cake Decorating Ideas for Kids
- Baking with Kids
- Bake with Children for Family Fun
- How to Bake a Cake (with Small Children Around!)
- Kids in the Kitchen