Part Time Computer Lab Specialist
Reports to: Adult Services Assistant Manager
Job posted until January 25, 2103. Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
TITLE: Computer Lab Specialist
REPORTS TO: Adult Services Asst. Manager
SALARY: $12.04/hr; 20 hpw; Includes days, evenings and weekends;
Grade 14; non-exempt
Under direct supervision of the Adult Services Asst. Manager, assists customers in the use of computers, and associated software; assists in providing learning experiences and instruction for computer literacy. Job involves contact with the public the majority of scheduled hours.
- Associate degree or related experience required.
- Experience in the use of the Internet, email and office productivity software required
- Ability to develop and present curriculum on computer and technology topics
- Good oral communication and listening skills
- Public service skills
- Professional, courteous and approachable demeanor
- Mental/visual concentration
- Vision abilities requirement include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus
- Attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
- Library policy and procedure (may be acquired after hire)
- Library online circulation system, catalog and resources (may be acquired after hire)
- English usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Basic math skills
- Safe work practices
Skills and Abilities to:
- Follow oral and written instructions and/or verbal directions
- Communicate with customers in an effective manner
- High degree of courtesy, diplomacy and patience required to assist customers one-on-one
- Be able to work independently in the absence of supervision
- Manage simultaneous duties as defined by Department needs
- Majority of time spent sitting; occasional walking, bending, stretching, moving equipment; lifting boxes weighing 20-30 lbs.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with Computer Lab Manager and co-workers
- Carry out essential duties and responsibilities reliably within 3 months of on-the-job experience and training
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: The duties listed below illustrated but do not limit the tasks performed by this classification.
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide individual and class instruction to staff and the public on a wide variety of computer topics, both at the computers in the Lab and at a variety of library and other external locations using the laptop computers.
- Oversees and assists in the use of computer reservation and print release software in accordance with Library policy and procedure.
- Teaches classes for and promotes a variety of technology initiatives, including the one the library is currently involved with, the Every Citizen Online initiative.
- Learns and shares with staff and the public the efficient use of new equipment and software, i.e. e-Readers.
- Monitors computer equipment for damage, tampering and/or loss and reports equipment problems to Automation Services.
- Handles a wide variety of questions/problems from customers in person or by telephone.
- Monitors Computer Lab visitors for appropriate Internet use and behavior as per Library policy.
- Keeps records and compiles relevant statistics.
- Performs record keeping tasks in compiling and reporting statistics, etc.
- Adheres to, supports and effectively implements Administration and Board policy, procedures and core values
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Attend Staff Development Day, workshops, seminars and conferences as appropriate
- Perform other departmental clerical duties as needed, including regular cleaning of computer equipment
- Perform other additional duties and assignments, as requested