To be Eligible for a Teacher Card:
- You must teach in a Richland County School (with the exception of Shelby Local Schools)
- Homeschool parent/guardians who reside in Richland County also qualify for a Teacher Card.
- You must have a valid MRCPL Library Card
- Your Library Card must be in good standing
To Apply for a Teacher Card:
- Bring your school ID, pay stub, or proof that you work in a Richland County School
- Bring your M/RCPL Library Card
- Bring two forms of identification, one with your current address, if you do not have a valid M/RCPL Library Card
The following items can be checked out for 9 weeks on a Teacher Card (with no renewals):
- Music CDs
- Audio Books
These items can be checked out for 1 week on a Teacher Card (with no renewals):
- Informational and older Entertainment DVDs (7day)
- Blue-Ray (7 day)
Teacher Cards are Fine Free with the exception of Informational and older Entertainment DVDs (7day) and Blue-Ray DVDs (7 day) a Fine rate of $1.25 per day with a maximum of $12.50 will be charged for these Items. . The replacement fee for up to two books may be waived, but you will need to pay for any audio-visual materials that are lost. Let us know immediately if any items are lost.
Any questions, contact the Children's Department at 419-521-3130 or your local branch.