Summer Library Program 2016
Get ready for Summer Library Program 2016!
June 6 - July 30
All Library Locations
Our mission is for your child to have FUN with your library this summer! We have included reading goals and activities that you are more than welcome to modify to best complement your child's interests and reading abilities.How It Works:
1. Sign up between June 6 and July 30. Get a weekly Tic Tac Toe sheet and have fun filling each one out!
2. Return a completed Tic Tac Toe sheet and get a bookmark and a ticket, and stamp your Reading Log.
3. When you get five tickets, you get a free book of your choice, plus a ticket to enter the Grand Prize drawing. Each additional Tic Tac Toe sheets you complete (up to 8) will get you one extra ticket for the Grand Prize drawing.
Grand Prize Drawings will be held at each location the week of August 1. See your local library for details.
As always, we will have featured performers, fun programs, and much more!
Our featured performers include:
- Mad Science and exploring how Newton’s three Laws of Motion help athletes
- Cooking Caravan with a song sandwich
- Matt Jergens, the comedy juggler
- Dave Lehman and his magic show
- Jungle Terry with his safari animal friends
- Wump Mucket Puppets and a puppet show puzzle
Children’s library programs include (sign-up required):
- Game On! Test your speed and ability with some wacky, fun games! School Age
- Get Set, Create! Do you like art? Do you like to make things? Come create a masterpiece at the library. Grades K - 6
- Jedi Training Come young Padawans to test your Jedi skills. Will you be on the light or dark side? Families
- Library Dance Party Everybody put on your dancing shoes and join us for music and movement.
- Basic Martial Arts Instructors from the Mansfield Y will present some introductory skills for kids. Ages 6 - 12
- Minecraft in Real Life We're not actually playing the game but we will have lots of activities and crafts for you to complete while you're here. Game on, Creepers! Ages 6 - 12
- Ninja Party Calling all Ninjas! Discover your hidden Ninja skills. All Ages
- Peppa Pig Come to the library to listen to to Peppa Pig stories, play games, and create piggy crafts to take home. It'll be the bees knees! All Ages
- Yoga for Kids Join us for a fun-filled class that teaches relaxation and breathing methods, as well as many yoga poses.
Other activities include:
- Preschool Story Times
- Scavenger Hunts
- Crafts & Activities
Each location has a different program schedule so stop by your favorite library to pick one up or check out the schedules below:
|Main Library (PDF file)||Bellville Branch (PDF file)||Butler Branch (PDF file)|
|Crestview Branch (PDF file)||Lexington Branch (PDF file)||Lucas Branch (PDF file)|
|Madison Branch (PDF file)||Ontario Branch (PDF file)||Plymouth Branch (PDF file)|
If you are looking for current Tic Tac Toe sheets to print out at home, click the links below:
We hope to see you this summer at the library!