The Smartest Card to Have: Your Library Card!
September is Library Card Sign Up Month. So...why is a library card the smartest card you can have?
- Do you attend Story Times with your child? Did you know the great books the librarians have on display during these special programs are available for checkout, if you have a library card?
- Car troubles? Did you know the library has auto repair databases you can access from home if you have a library card? The Chilton Online Auto Repair Manuals and Small Engine Repair Reference Center are at your fingertips.
- eBooks are all the rage! Did you know the library can give you access to free ebooks? If you have a library card, you can start downloading great titles for your eReader.
- Did you know we can get books and other materials from other libraries throughout the state, if you have a library card? Using Search Ohio and/or OhioLINK, we can borrow items from other Ohio libraries (if we don't have what you're looking for here at M/RCPL.)
- If you have a library card and forgot to renew an item (and it’s too late to visit the library in person,) you can use our online catalog to access your account. Renew materials, place items on hold, view and pay fines, change personal information, and much more.
It's these reasons (and countless more,) that M/RCPL has over 75, 000 registered library card holders. So if you haven't already, head to any M/RCPL location and sign up for the smartest card you can have--a library card.
If you love your library, send a picture with your card to firstname.lastname@example.org (and you might just see yourself on this page!)