Services for the Disabled
Services to Customers with Disabilities
The Mansfield/Richland County Public Library is dedicated to providing equal access to its customers, regardless of their physical or cognitive abilities. The library provides the following services to the public:
- Talking Books Program , which " provides free recorded books, magazines and playback equipment to...eligible blind, visually impaired, physically handicapped, and reading disabled (Richland County) residents."
- Large Print Fiction and Nonfiction Books
- Audio Books on Cassette, CD, and MP3.
- Descriptive and Closed-Captioned Movies
- Golden Buckeye Card Applications
- The Adult Services department of our Main Library features a Teletypewriter (TTY) Machine which allows hearing-impared customers to contact the library.
- Our Ontario Branch features a MagniSight Explorer, a Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) which magnifies materials for vision-impaired customers.
- Sign Language interpreters for programming available upon request.
- Accessible Handicapped Parking
- Accessible Entrances and Restrooms
For further questions regarding services to the disabled community, contact the Main Library.
Internet Resources for Hearing-Impaired Customers
- National Association of the Deaf
- Ohio School for the Deaf
- Federal Relay Service
- Deaf Resource Library
- National Center on Deafness
Internet Resources for Visually-Impaired Customers
- American Council of the Blind
- Blindness Resource Center
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- MoPix-Motion Picture Access
- Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- National Association for the Visually Handicapped (NAVH)
Internet Search Engines for the Blind or Physically Handicapped
Assistive/Adaptive Technology Resources
- American Library Association--Mates, Adaptive Technology for the Internet.
- Recording For the Blind and Dyslexic
- Web Accessibility Initiative
- Microsoft Accessibility
- Apple Accessibility
- Independent Living Center of North Central Ohio. Telephone: (419) 526-6770.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation. Telephone: (419) 747-3000.
- The Rehab Center. Telephone: (419) 756-1133.
- North Central Ohio Special Education Regional Resource Center. Telephone:(419) 747-4808. Toll Free: (800) 424-7372 (Ohio Only.)
- Dial-A-Ride. Telephone: (419) 522-4504 and (419) 522-3157.