Our Sister Library
City of Burnside Library
Become a Part of the Conversation!
We now have a Mansfield/Burnside Sister Libraries Facebook page. You can "like" our page, comment and get to know our friends in Australia. Go to http://www.facebook.com/MansfieldBurnsideSisterLibraries and take a look.
About the Library
The Burnside Library is located in Adelaide, South Australia. It is attached to the City of Burnside Civic Centre. The City of Burnside is one of Adelaide's oldest residential areas, and is well known for its tree lined streets, period architecture and plentiful reserves and gardens.
The Burnside Library offers a wide range of facilities and services for SA residents, which include lending, special events, IT training, children's programs and internet & wireless access. To find out more, click on Burnside Library website. The Grapevine, the Burnside Library Newsletter has an article about Mansfield/Richland County Public Library. To read the Grapevine, click here.
To join the library, you will need to register with identification containing your current address and signature. If you are under 18, you will need a signature from a parent or guardian.
Hours of Opening:
The City of Burnside Library is recognised for the extent of its input into the cultural wealth of the community.
The City of Burnside Library has recorded
- More than 1,000 visitors a day;
- More than 145,000 items in the collection;
- More than 910,000 loans last year;
- Open 54.5 hours a week, every day of the week (excluding public holidays);
- Space 2,200 square metres of floor space;
- 18.4 full time equivalent staff;
- More than 140 volunteers;
- Community Library Service provided to 400 residents.