Get a Library Card or PIN Number
Library cards are available free of charge to Ohio residents at all library locations. You may sign up for a library card at all library locations.
You Will Need:
* Two pieces of Identification with your name - one ID must have your current address.
* If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by your parent or
legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian must sign for a child’s library card.
* No Money - your first library card is free!
• For the first two weeks, checkout will be limited to five (5) items at a time. Two of those items may be audio-visual materials -CDs, DVDs, videotapes, etc.
• If you do not have ID with a current address, the Library will send a postcard to you. You may bring that postcard back in with you to apply for your card.
* The cost to replace a card is $1.
Report lost or stolen cards to the Library immediately; you are responsible for its use or misuse. This includes overdue fines, fees for lost or damaged materials and misuse of Internet privileges.
You must have a PIN number in order to use library computers, view your library card information, place holds or renew items online. If you do not have a PIN number, you may get one in person or by calling any of our locations. You will need your library card to get a PIN number by any method.
E-Mail & Text Message Notification
You can now receive notification of holds/reserves and overdue items via e-mail and/or text message. You'll need to have your phone number (in a special format) in the email address field of your record. If your account lists an email address or phone number (in text message format), we will use it to notify you. Please note - standard text messaging rates will apply, according to your cell phone plan.
Please make sure that your email address/phone number is current in your account information.
Friendly Date Due Reminders are sent out via email three days before your items are due.